Monday, November 10, 2008

Techno and Technology Tabs

It's a Tuesday schedule on a Monday. I can't advise the college-bound because there's not enough money in this week to afford two days of duty and a key workshop on financial aid.


I'm not in the mood to focus on GRE preparations, so I shoot for Onion. DENIED. Gawker. DENIED. Slate is accessible, but Web Nannies are cyber-dead to me now. The technology that scans Websites for the f word and other non-educational macros is obnoxious. I understand why we can't access the my/face in school, but seriously, The Onion? That's America's finest news source.
Also black-listed is Toothpaste for dinner. Fortunately, Married to the Sea isn't yet popular enough among Miami high schoolers to warrant an X-STOP, but that don' mean it's not on its way.

Additionally, the students in this computer science class are way too into house. I'm not f-d up enough to appreciate the genre's subtleties (is there no sweeter sound than a throbbing siren?), and I'm pretty sure they're not either, so I plug in head phones to avoid a confrontational muzak war. House/techno, you're dead to me too.

No comments: